Friday, July 08, 2005

the green little imp

i woke up feeling like shit. to be precise, i woke up at 5.45am after a 12-hour slumber with an aching head feeling like a fucked up piece of shit. after washing up, i went downstairs seeking music therapy. i started off submerging myself in the audio-rich pleasure of cradle of filth, then mellowed down with golden oldies from frank sinatra, the platters, carpenters, etc.

half-way through reminiscing, i got to thinking about my life up to this point. feeling like a piece of shit this early in the morning didn't exactly invoke positive, sunshine thoughts about myself. staring into a reflection of myself on the crystal case of 'robbie williams - greatest hits', i was victimized by a bout of depression, until suddenly, a peculiar concept barged into my mind, like a green little imp holding a jar of colourful lollipops, smiling and dancing as he sang a happy jingle. the little imp spoke of justification for my state of mind, and asserted that being the fucked up piece of shit that i am had its advantages. at least expectations would be lowered, stress would be relieved, tensions would be eased, and liberation would be achieved. i could now do things that i previously would have shaken my head at.

with the imp as my companion, i took the bus to school, and on it we saw a gorgeous girl. usually i would have bashfully taken discrete glances at eye-candy like her, but today, i was a piece of shit, and i didn't have to care about deportment or self-image, or if i was to give her the defamatory impression of myself as a perverted goggling arsehole. the wonderful green fella drooling by my side also discarded my anxiety over the presentation i was going to school for, by distinctively pointing out that there was nothing wrong with being a piece of shit.

from feeling like a fucked up piece of shit to being that fucked up piece of shit, i find myself venturing through life's ups and downs with a whole new attitude, and i'm glad i found my new best friend, the green little imp with colourful lollipops, who showed me how perfect the world could really be from this perspective. =)

14 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger refudgedjasen said...

the adventures of Greg and the Little Green Imp.... muhahaha.. cute

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Linda Chia said...

poignant reflections on the brink of adulthood eh? heh.

Happy birthday darling!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger refudgedjasen said...

haha.. yr birthday?? tsk tsk.. bo jio to yr celebration.. anyway.. HARPI BORTHDAE~! =P

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Madeline said...

Referring to your previous post at Zouk.


You describe the whole scene so puurrfectly that i could just visualize. Haha. That was gross btw.


Suppose to head to zouk after marc's birthday. Somehow, they headed to grapevine. But still, hope you have enjoy that day ya.


Happy belated Birthday mookie! :)

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger refudgedjasen said...

please fix that internet connection soon... lazie... and update yoour bloggg..

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Deleted said...

r u my fren in gess?

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger mookie said...

mad: thanks. yeah i guess i did enjoy myself somewhat.

liian: yes.. how could you not recognize me?!

wil: shut the fuck up and get me some ba chor mee!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Amon said...

Hey Do u nid help? Becoz if u do, I am available? wanna like tinkle me? Hee hee hee..here is my number 81122714 ok. I m gay.

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u could use a blowj*b to brighten up your day! it works all the time!
he! he! he!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger mookie said...

amon: i don't need help.

anonymous aka jon: he? he? he? not funny.

oc: yeah i know. i think they purposely picked the one with the worst lighting.

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://uijytkik.com/irfk/sepu.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tecbxsxh.com/qgfb/vrpm.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://uijytkik.com/irfk/sepu.html | http://zjhtsxmx.com/fnat/itlz.html

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Cheap+buspirone+prescription Cancer colon metastatic treatment Adwords and affiliate programs Dungeon slots Awsome 3d game development kitchen islands Farm bureau insurance mi Seat covers for mazda millenia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home